With over 100 million annual passengers, operating more than 1,250 aircraft and 16 airports, HNA is a Chinese conglomerate headquartered in Haikou, China. Having identified BowTie as the preferred methodology to manage and improve safety, Across Safety was selected to deliver intensive training to 45 delegates across 15 subsidiaries that covered both the methodology and BowTieXP software.
- Implement a risk and safety management methodology that is consistently used across all aviation divisions
- Ensure BowTie methodology is applied using best practice principles
- Identify operational strengths and weaknesses in order to improve the effectiveness of resource allocation
How Across Safety Development helped
- A 2 day BowTie methodology and software training course was developed, in consultation with HNA, in order to match the course to the participants experience and HNAs objectives
- The training was delivered at HNA’s headquarters in Haikou, China
- 45 delegates from 15 different aviation divisions attended the training course
- Workshop exercises were tailored to HNA’s core aviation operations
- Senior managers were briefed on BowTie principles
- Intensive training equipped delegates with no previous knowledge or exposure to barrier-based risk analysis with the ability to create and update BowTie risk models and apply them to their safety management system
- HNA are now using BowTies to identify important safety barriers for collecting performance data and ongoing analysis. This is used to ensure that safety performance is well understood and that targets are reached
- So far, BowTie is being used within 11 of HNA’s airlines for their key risk analysis
Across Safety delivered a two day Bowtie training course tailored to students from 15 different HNA Aviation units including airlines, airports and helicopter operations at our headquarters in China. The course was very thought provoking and provided us with a great insight into how we can benefit from using Bowtie in our risk management processes.
It is clear that Across Safety Development are experts in the application of Bowtie risk management in the aviation environment and we have found their assistance to be of great value to our organisation.
HNA Aviation Group China